Sunday, August 14, 2016

Menu Planning

After an extremely busy week of 'out of home work', tonight I'm working on my menu plan for the coming fortnight.  I'm changing it up a bit as I've pretty much used the same menu for the last 2 months and I'm looking for a change (and I know the rest of the family is too).  3 - 4 times a week we have my father in law up for dinner, an extra mouth to feed so I have to be mindful of price for those meals and make our money stretch even further yet still manage a healthy filling meal.

Another thing we have to take into consideration for quite a few meals is work, sports commitments etc.  On those nights I will usually make sure I have a slow cooker meal planned for dinner.

My biggest hurdle by far is filling the bellies of 3 teens, 2 of which are near to impossible to fill!  I have to make sure there are plenty of good quality carbs in most meals or they pretty much need another meal an hour after dinner.


This is how everyone knows what we will be eating for dinner. Menu is in no particular order and when we have eaten it gets crossed out.

Do you menu plan?  I would love to know how you do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)