Tuesday, January 3, 2017

MOOD BLANKET 2017

I am very excited to begin a Mood Blanket this year.  It's something I have thought about for the last couple of years but for whatever reason, just didn't start.

For my Mood Blanket I will be crocheting 1 square a day and depending on how I am feeling that day, the colours will be quite random.  I'm pretty anal so this blanket will be a huge challenge for me especially when there a few days of the same mood therefore the same colour next to each other.


A lot of planning went into this project, firstly working out what moods I wanted to use, I decided on 10 moods, then what colours to associate with the moods.  The hardest part for me was to work out what yarn to use.  I really wanted to go with 100% organic cotton but the reality is I simply can not justify the cost however, if this years blanket is successful, I will save for the cotton to use for next year's Mood Blanket.  I decided in the end to go down a more cost effective route and use Scheepjes Colour Crafter yarns.  I already have 5 of the 10 colours and hopefully post from the UK won't take too long for my other yarns to arrive.


Day 1:  Centre is Sad - we had to put down our 19 year old cat on New Year's Eve.
            Outer is Stressed - just some family issues that need to be resolved.

Day 2:  Creative - Planning this project and getting all excited about possibilities.

Day 3:  Happy - I was smiling all day today (square yet to be done as I am waiting on yarn).

I look forward to documenting this project and seeing how it turns out.
  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great project. Look forward to seeing it come together over the year - and what is the main colour when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are 10 different colours Rowan depending on my moods. So it could turn out like a hot mess or I'll love it. We will see.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you lost your cat, wow 19 years old!

    Will be interesting to see the results of the mood rug. I have a blogger friend who did a sky scarf. She chose sky/cloud colours then each day would do a row or two of the colour of the sky. Turned out rather interesting.

    http://fourmilesnorthofnowhere.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/sky-scarf-2012.html

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)