Tuesday, July 30, 2013

IN OUR KITCHEN

It was a busy day in the kitchen making yummy beef and vegetable soup, banana muffins, rat bait and cheesymite scrolls.

I don't know about you but I keep my bread crusts in a bag in the freezer and when there's enough, I make rat bait it's so simple to do and the kids (and hubby) love it.

Spray a tray with olive oil, place bread on tray then in a bowl mix up some bbq sauce, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce and spread onto the bread.

Add chopped bacon and I added torn salami as well this time.

sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake in a 180 oven until bread is crisp.
 
 
When cool cut into fingers.
 
Cheesymite scrolls.
Once again so easy. Make bread dough and after rising, knock back and knead then roll out to a thin rectangle. 

Spread vegemite with a knife and add grated cheese.

Gently roll up them dough.
 
Cut into scrolls and place on tray, allow space for rising and cook until brown.

And there you have it, lots of yummy snacks to enjoy.
 

1 comment:

  1. Is that what you call them, I call it pizza toast lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)