Wednesday, February 13, 2013

CRAFTING

I started this granny ripple a couple of days ago.  I have been dying to make a gorgeous ripple blanket in the colours I love for a while and while browsing online, I came across granny ripples.

 
Not happy with the tutorials I read, I made up my own version and quickly realised that I had mis-calculated the sizing quite badly when I put it on our queen bed and it touched the floor on both sides!   After resizing to something a little more manageable, I gathered my wool and began to imagine what my granny ripple would look like finished.   I'm still a long way off but it was never going to be a short term project.
 
More gathering, this time fabric for my sister in law's birthday present.
 
 
 
I had visions of making a quilt for her from this fabric 2 years ago but of course it was tucked away and I promptly forgot about it.  I had some fun today pulling together fabrics to make up blocks and working out a design.
 
I attended the local market on Sunday and I think this will be my last one. While I love doing the markets, I have other priorities on the weekends so have decided to start up my Etsy and Madeit shops again.  I will let you know when they are up and running.
 


 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. You are multi-talented Sue, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, your blanket is thoroughly gorgeous!!! LOVE it & so fun/colourful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in your blanket, and the style! You certainly are a crafty one, Well done to you! I'm glad I found your blog. I'll follow and keep in touch.
    karen :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)