Sunday, May 6, 2012

SOMETHING NEW

I have wanted to make this quilt for what seems like ages.  It's the one quilt I keep going back to when I go through my books for inspiration.  I really wanted to make it from Flea Market Fancy fabrics but never had quite enough of the range for the quilt, until now. 

Now with the reprints of this beautiful range, I can mix original with the reprints and finally make it.  As I've been out of action for a bit over a week, I can't sit at the machine to sew, so this is the perfect way of starting a new quilt, handsewing needle-turned applique. I think the reason I like this quilt so much is that the flowers remind me of tulips and that in turn reminds me of my dad. It really makes me smile.

The pattern is from Material Obsession by Kathy Doughty & Sarah Fielke.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue. I can't wait to see that quilt when it's done!!! it'll be gorgeous I bet.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)