Friday, February 18, 2011

MOVING ON

This quilt has been sitting in my linen press for around 5 years. It represents my initial journey from country decorating to modern design.


This was my first large quilt with brighter colours and different textures and elements. I still like the design and colours but I have moved on from country florals and quite honestly, when I look at this quilt I really can't see where I would use it.

I removed all of the pins and will now begin unpicking the stipple quilting so I can use the batting and backing for something else. I will offer it to my mum and see if she wants to re-quilt it as she doesn't do stipple so there's no point in offering it as is.

It feels good to let go sometimes, I know I will never finish this quilt and there's no point in leaving it sitting in the back of a cupboard. Goodbye quilt, I learnt something from you but it's time to move on.

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's a shame, it's beautiful, but then your work has moved on from that hasn't it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)