Look what finally turned up.....
We ordered our new lounge suite in the middle of September and had all but given up that we would see it before Christmas, by the way the chair is the same colour as the lounge, I had to use my flash as the weather is like the middle of winter, very dark and dreary.
Now for the quilt on the lounge, I finished the binding last night and made it for our new lounge.
Here is a closeup to try and show the gorgeous quilting that was done professionally by the amazing Julie Colbey.
This was my first time at getting a quilt professionally done and I am thrilled at the result. I do enjoy doing my own quilting and I will continue to do my own for the most part but working in a quilt shop and seeing the amazing results with Julie's quilting, I just had to try.
Here is my other suprise
Thank you Manda you are so sweet.
For those of you who don't know Manda, she has the most wicked sense of humour and is extremely talented also, I am so proud to call her my friend.
The 'Fabulous' Award Rules:
1. You have to pass it on to 5 fabulous blogs.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions.
3. Make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them
so here are my 5 fabulous addictions:
1. Diet Coke (bad, bad me)
2. Exercise (yep, you read that right)
3. Organising and changing things around
4. blog surfing and flickr chatting
5. friends (where would I be without them)
and here are my 5 fabulous bloggers:
1. Julie Fei-Fan Balzer
There are just so many blogs that give me inspiration and I am so grateful for people putting their lives and art out there for all to see.