Sunday, September 7, 2008

SOAR

So I started on my little 'collage and drawing' journey yesterday and decided to make a little book.

I found sheets of primed canvas in a store and thought I would make my little journal from that.

The background of "SOAR" is painted with watercolour paints I then added fabrics, vintage dictionary and book pages and feather and alpha stamps. The canvas was then misted with Red Russett Glitz Spritz.

I was brave and drew my bird in with black pen straight away (usually I draw with pencil and go over the top). I then coloured the bird with watercolour pencils.

I'm loving this journal already and I've only done the first page.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving this journal already and it's not even mine! Awesome work, Sue...i bow to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep loving it Sue! It's a lovely journal start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking fantastic. Is this going to be the cover, or are the journal pages going to be canvas?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)