Friday, August 29, 2008

HAPPY ALMOST SPRING FRIDAY

You can feel it in the air, it's nearly here. The bulbs are flowering the veges are happy for some sunshine and we actually get to turn of the heater when we are at home.

Now to what I've been up to (this update is for you Donna!) I have an awful lot of little pots, pigments and sprays to look through whenever I'm searching for a colour etc, so I made this little book with all of my different colours in it.

Be warned, there are quite a few photos and sorry for the marks on the photos, I really should clean my lense a little more often!

If you make the images bigger by clicking on them, you can see the shimmer and shine of these beautiful products.













The book is put together using file cards and rings and my trusty old typewriter (I really love my typewriter), very simple.

This is definately a work in progress that's why it's bound with rings to add more pages. I still would like to include my watercolour paints, pastels, embossing powders, alcohol inks and I'm sure there is more.

The gorgeous cat, bird and little girl images are from lisa's altered art she has some awesome stuff over there and she has a sale on at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have been rather busy haven't you? bad backs suit you, it would seem.

    happy almost spring friday - that definitely sums up the day for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure have been busy. great book you're putting together for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention in your blog. I feel so honoured. You have been busy with all you paints etc. You must have way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great book Sue, i sooo love the artsy style it has! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little book! You really should add brandnames so i can see what brand that awesomelooking paints are lol!
    Love the kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue
    Love your new banner! And yes, you HAVE been a busy bee! I love the journal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you were able to get your site full size here. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where do you get your paints from? The book is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)