I finally tried my first gel medium transfer today. I have wanted to do one for ages, but it seems my friends on my "g-inspired" flickr group have been having all sorts of problems with them, so I have been hesitant up until now.
I mastered the packing tape transfers after many failed attempts so imagine my suprise when my first attempt with this sort of transfer worked. I transfered the image onto a vintage pattern piece sprayed with burnt umber moonshadow mist and patina glimmermist.
and now for the canvas.....
As part of Blue Bazaar's July challenge I received a kit to use, it contained a canvas, paint, gesso, gel medium, rub-ons and some papers.
I thought long and hard about this one and decided to do something out of the square so to speak. I turned the canvas to the back and decided to use it this way like a "window".
I used my transfer in the "window" then painted the frame and added antiquing medium over the top to get an old look. I then added vintage papers, napkins, ribbon and rub-ons to the frame and put on one of my flowers I made on the weekend. Last but not least, I misted patina glimmermist over the project.
I'm pretty happy with it especially the transfer.