Saturday, March 29, 2008

HAVIN' SOME FUN


I've just finished 12 of these little beauties for a glitz and glamour challenge. The background is a Tim Holtz technique using ink, water and perfect pearls all mixed and misted over the card. I then painted on the swirls with metallic paints, added the sequins, girl, gems and sewed on some shiny fabrics for the skirt.

......and now some layouts to share from my "album of me". I am right into using old photos ATM no matter how bad they are. This first one is using the new Daisy-D's range with a bit of lace paper. I love it, nice and bright.


Next up, a simple layout using Riley from Love, Elsie and SEI papers. I coloured in a hand-drawn title with a white gel pen.


I know people who won't even consider using old out of focus or poorly lit photos. I say, why not? OK, so they're not the wonderful photoshoped close-ups we all enjoy seeing today, but the memories of these photos are worth so much. So go on, take the challenge and pull out those gorgeous old photos, make a layout and leave me a comment as where to go to view them, I would love to see what you come with.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)