Monday, January 7, 2013

ART JOURNAL PROGRESS

Well I finally managed to get some time to play with my Dylusions inks and journal. Wow!!! that's all I can say about the colours, the photos don't do them justice, they are so bright and intense.

1st layer - Dylusions in London Blue, Cut Grass and Vibrant Turquoise sprayed with water, tilted to run then pages put together to spread the ink to neighbouring page.

 


I placed a leaf stencil over the dried page then sprayed water over the stencil to create this effect.
 
Next I stamped this bird onto a seperate piece of card and coloured it using Dylusions Postbox Red, Squeezed Orange and Lemon Zest and applying the colour with a water brush.
 
I used this awesome stencil from my very talented online friend Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and sprayed over it in Postbox Red. I love Julie's stencils.
 
Getting busy with stamps and another stencil sprayed with Lemon Zest.
 
Added this word stamp.
 
While going through some drawers I found this flower that I made a few years ago.  After a bit of a trim, it became a nest for the bird.
 
 
More stamping.
 
And the art journal page so far......

4 comments:

  1. Impressive work Sue, I love what you did with the inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sue, I love it! Esp. the effect from using the fern as a stencil, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to see the whole process Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)