Friday, June 15, 2012

I'M SEWING AGAIN......

It's been a while for this craft to make it's way into my life once again.  I needed a break then slowly last week I began to feel my fabrics, tidy up my sewing space and think up new ideas.


Yesterday I bought Mollie Makes, something I stopped buying a few months back, and instantly the feeling of wanting to create with fabric flooded back.  I smiled and simply began with what was in my reach.


Lately I have been bouncing back and fourth whether to go back to my market after winter or just sell in my online shops. I missed the last 2 markets of the season due to family reasons and I have been unsure of my direction for quite a while. Now I feel focused and know that I just can't beat that feeling of chatting to my customers face to face so I will return with a new name and a new outlook.

Sue*Sewn isn't what I'm about anymore, I'm so much more, so I am changing to Gertie Mae. This is the same name as our campervan, Gertie is taken from my nanna who passed away when I was a baby and Mae is my mum's middle name (spelt a little differently). I chose this name carefully as both ladies have inspired me in so many ways throughout my life and the name just seems to sit right with me.








So I'm back with so many ideas my head hurts and can't wait to show you what I'll be coming up with :)

3 comments:

  1. I like the new name. It's sort of gentle and fun at the same time. I'll look forward to seeing where your new direction takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new name as well. Your sewing looks good and I'm excited to see your inspired new designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Gertie Mae.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)